Easter Sunday, kitchen, 2:14 am... a cup of tea, 2 hours of battery and 73 min until I have to catch my bus. Should be fine to write a little post for Easter ;-)
You wonder why I’m still awake? Well, it’s Saturday night, so what? My friend Yannick had the chance to participate in the final competition of “UniversCité – Va te faire Voir”. This event encourages students that make music or dance to participate in a competition at first in their university and afterwards on the “national” level of the province of Quebec. Last night, the finalists of eleven universities showed their talents on stage and Yannick was one of them. It was a very interesting program reaching from contemporary dance over rap and singer songwriters to jazz. And it kind of represented the multicultural society of Quebec – a mixture of African, Latin, Indigenous, European and Quebecer influences… As I just discussed with my roommate two days ago: no one has to feel like a foreigner here!
After the official concert and award ceremony, we went to the after-party for a beer. So I just came home half an hour ago and as I want to go to the Easter vigil at 4:15, it doesn’t make sense to sleep now ;-) So I just use the occasion to send you my latest news.
During the last couple of days, I went to Yoga classes nearly each day as I have a one-week-membership for 20 $. I never did Yoga before but I had to find something to do with all my spare time (teachers are still on strike). This makes me get out more often instead of watching stupid shows on TV and is good for my body. After four practices, I started to manage synchronization of respiration and movements…
What else is going on? Friday was my last music class, the others are going to continue in four weeks but without me =( But we plan to meet for dinner and improvisation sessions before I leave and I already found a similar course in Munich (but I have to wait till October).
Last weekend, Marie-Claude from Rivière-du-Loup finally came to Montreal to visit me (and her cousins and former co-workers). She wanted to go shopping, a challenge for me who decided to stop shopping because enough is enough (budget and space in suitcases is limited!!) but I didn’t buy anything although I tried at least five pieces… I have to mention that I got a sweatshirt from Marie-Claude because of “Buy one, get one free”-offers. At least I control my money but not the space in my suitcase ;-) Of course, I showed her my lovely apartment and we cooked dinner together – Quiche, yummie!
Let’s get back to Easter… No Easter without Easter eggs!! As I didn’t see any colored egg in grocery stores (only chocolate eggs and gold bunnies), I decided to color eggs myself. Tania from Ukraine was very happy that I bought a coloring kit a couple of weeks ago, thus we boiled 19 eggs today and painted them. Emilie, our French roommate, was laughing because she doesn’t know the tradition of real Easter eggs… Let’s see what my French friends will say on Monday when they come to my place for an Easter brunch. Of course with Easter eggs and I plan to make “Schnittlauchquark” because it reminds me of Easter holidays I spent a my Grandparents house many many years ago…
I hope you spend an excellent Easter weekend as well. We in Montreal have temperatures around 20 °C!!! The whole city seems to wake up, people are playing the guitar on their balconies, restaurants and cafes install tables on the sidewalk, a lot more people on bikes are on the streets – I like Montreal in spring!
A big hug,
geli
No comments:
Post a Comment