Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring break + strike = no courses this week

What a nice spring day!! 4°C... And where was the cold winter? The temperatures didn’t feel like Canada during the last months but rather like Germany. Okay, I stop complaining and admit that a warm sunny day “fait du bien”! Highly motivated by the nice weather, I finally implemented my resolution to discover some parts of Montreal I haven’t seen yet (instead of monitoring your life and the state of your farm on facebook, watching stupid shows on TV etc). I walked from Berri-UQAM to Metro Juliette through the quarter of Hochelage-Maisonneuve, a part of the city where you rarely find tourists but old factories and some nice little cafés… I discovered a little patisserie that sells “Krapfen” – yummy!

Just returned from my huge walk and prepared a ham quiche that is now cooking in the oven. And in half an hour, I’ll leave again for a walk on Mont Royal with a friend I haven’t seen since Christmas.

No, I have no English course tonight because the teachers are on strike! After two short strikes for few hours only, the teachers are now on general strike for an unlimited duration… This strike affects my English and my statistics course leaving me with only one real course (and my photography and music course). At the moment, I’m happy about it because I’ll have more time to spend with Lisa and Felipe but the long term consequences are unknown ;-)

If you’re interested in my English teacher’s opinion on this strike and some more facts, have a look at his page:

http://www.worldwordweb.com/

(Thank God, he has his own page because teachers don’t have access to the university’s platform and their email account at the moment! They are forced to be on strike!!)






Okay, I have to eat now – late lunch… Coming soon: pictures from Boston!

Take care,

geli





1 comment:

  1. Hey Geli,
    it´s unbelievable nobody is writing a comment on your blog!! I´m a person too :) and I must say sorry for the last time, because of my exams... But now I´m finished it and I can enjoy my life!! Only 7 weeks and I´ll come to Canada and visit you :)) I´ll be glad to see you and we´ll chat into the night about all the news from germany plus the news from canada :)

    I hope the second of May is comming soon :)
    Hugs and kisses from the cold bavaria
    (tomorrow it will be have 11 Grad and Thursday 15 Grad juhuuu)

    Unbelievable in Canada the temperature ist like Germany and the most of the time heater yet?!? It´s funny :)

    Greets Bine

    ReplyDelete